This guide will walk through using the "Driver Analysis" feature of Narratives for Qlik. Using this feature with your charts that have a continuous dimension, you can find out the measures within your Qlik application that have the greatest impact on the movement of your subject.
This feature allows you to give the extension a list of 'potential' drivers that you believe could impact the movement of your subject. Then, your narrative will talk about the correlation of these options on your subject, explaining the one with the highest correlation. The narrative will talk about measures without you needing to plot them on the same chart.
Note: In order to be considered a 'driver option' for your subject measure, the metric must be a 'Measure' in your Qlik App. You will not see 'Fields' as driver options.
To utilize this feature:
1) Open your narrative settings. You will see "Drivers" as an option on the left sidebar.
2) Click on "Drivers". This will bring up a choice to apply driver analysis to this narrative.
3) When you click "Yes", you will be able to select the 'subject measure' and it's potential drivers.
4) When you select the measure you want as the subject, you will be able to select measures in your app as potential drivers.
5) Once you click on one measure, you will see it added. Then you'll be able to add more measures or delete driver options.
6) If you have multiple measures on your chart, you can select driver options for each of those measures.
7) To do this, after you've done the first measure, click the "Add relationships" button. Then you'll be able to add driver options for your next measure.
Note: Driver analysis is conducted using a linear regression method. Additional methods for driver analysis will be added in future versions of the product.